Re: [hylafax-users] TAD Method

On 2005.02.12 15:29 Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:
Is it possible to have hylafax simply listen on the line.
My "Fax" machine has a feature that let's the answering machine pick it up.
But if it hears fax tones it take over the call.
I'm thinking this might be more difficult on a modem then on a fax machine.
But does anyone know if this is possible?

I don't know how fax machines do it. I mean, how do they "listen" to a line without taking it off-hook? I don't know.

In any case, what you describe would be a modem feature, and I'm not sure if any modems do support it. It would be an AT command of some kind to tell the modem to "listen indefinitely without taking the line off-hook".