Re: [hylafax-users] Question about a PRI card

"Eric Hall" <ehall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm just now building our fax server and I have a question.

I'm looking at a Brooktrout PRI-PCI24DVC-C Single PRI ISDN T1 & CSU MVIP
PCI for me T1/PRI card for the server.
Does anyone have any feedback on this card?

You won't be able to do fax with this.

I'm looking for a low cost
T1 or PRI card. This server will not be working to hard and the only
reason I want a T1 or PRI is for ANI and DID abilities.

A Brooktrout-based solution is unlikely to be a good low-cost option unless you have an abundant supply of nearly free Brooktrout boards. You _MIGHT_ be able to get some TR114 boards cheaply since the TR1034 has obsoleted them (they're solid performers but a little slow since they don't support V.34), but generally it's fairly expensive kit.

In addition to the hardware, you'd need to buy a version of HylaFAX that includes Brooktrout's proprietary SDK to make them work. We have one we'd be happy to sell to you, but that drives the price up once again.

If you have any questions about Brooktrout and HylaFAX please feel free to give me a call at the number below. Options that will work with free HylaFAX include the Eicon Diva Server T1/PRI and the Patton 2977. The Eicon board will probably fax more quickly for you since it supports V.34, but the Patton will almost certainly be cheaper on the grey market (according to recent posts here - we don't sell used hardware ourselves).

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer