Re: [hylafax-users] Question about a PRI card

On 2005.02.03 04:46 Eric Hall wrote:
I'm just now building our fax server and I have a question.

I'm looking at a Brooktrout PRI-PCI24DVC-C Single PRI ISDN T1 & CSU
MVIP PCI for me T1/PRI card for the server.
Does anyone have any feedback on this card?

The open-source version of HylaFAX doesn't support this hardware. You'll need to use a pay-for version or write your own "drivers" (for faxgetty, faxsend) with the BrookTrout API.

I'm looking for a low cost T1 or PRI card.

And you're considering BrookTrout? Isn't that like one of the more expensive options?

This server will not be working to hard and the only
reason I want a T1 or PRI is for ANI and DID abilities.

You can get Caller*ID and DID services on "analog DID" lines.