Re: [hylafax-users] Number of pages

> Hi, is there a way to know the number of pages to be sent by Hylafax
> without actualy sending the fax? (I know faxinfo works for TIFF files,
> but am I supposed to convert the other file types to use it as well?)
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There may be a better way to do this, but we've had good luck using the
'identify' command from the image magick tools to determine parameters
like page size, rotation (looking at length versus width), page count,
etc. before submitting to hylafax. We use this on postscript and pdf
files, then convert them to TIFF with ghostscript prior to submission to
hylafax. That way we can have greater control over the conversion process.
Hope this helps you.

Christian