Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax&ISDN and UseISDNFaxService

On 2004.06.28 05:37 Vladimír Bobek wrote:
Hi
I am using Hylafax in conjunction with capi4hylafax and AVM Fritz ISDN
card.
Now I explore the config files and I wonder, what is the exact meaning
of
UseISDNFaxService option in config.faxCAPI file?

In the file there is the following comment:
#When in "UseISDNFaxService" the value is = 1, an outoing call will be
# established using the ISDN-FAX-G3 service indicator. For 0, a 3.1kHz
# audio connection is established.

Does anyone know what is meant by the ISDN-FAX-G3 service and in which

conditions it is possible/suitable to use it?

Digital faxing is only possible between two digitally connected fax devices (i.e., ISDN-to-ISDN).

Due to communication medium differences, there are some capabilities that are made available to a digital device that are not available to analog devices. Specifically, I'm talking about T.30 Annex C, or "full duplex error correction mode".

Is there any difference between g3 service on analog modems (which is
standard
for years I think) and g3 service on ISDN?

It seems, however, that if you enable that feature that it will disrupt your connectivity with analog devices:

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2003-07/msg00312.php

Apparently AVM hasn't made it automatically switchable.