Re: [hylafax-users] RICOH(Aficio) fax problems

Hi,

I am using two SoftModems (Duxbury and Mirocom), I just have to confirm that if i send to another RICOH fax machine that it will not give a problem.

I have tried successfully to send to a fax sumsang faxmachine and it has worked. There might be something wrong with the RICOH firmware.

Anyway i am still new to the hylafax arena and still learning a lot more as i go.

Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 17/06/2004 17:51:31:

> On 2004.06.17 00:38 Sipho.Mothobi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes, the receiving RICOH(Aficio) fax machine gets stuck, and requires
> > reboot in order to continue.
>
> I've seen this before with a Ricoh machine in Spain when receiving a
> fax from HylaFAX using a USR modem in Class 1 ECM.  HylaFAX would get
> "no response to PPS".  It didn't happen on every attempt, either.  It
> was a sporadic problem.  I never came to a resolution of the problem.
> There obviously is a bug in the Ricoh firmware somewhere, but whether
> their bug is triggered by a bug in the USR or in HylaFAX, I do not
> know.  We didn't seem to see the problem when not using a USR modem.
>
> If you can tell us exactly what the circumstances are that cause this
> lock-up to happen, then maybe we can help you resolve it.  Otherwise,
> you may want to look for a firmware update from Ricoh or try a
> different modem for sending.  (What kind are you using, anyway?)
>
> Lee.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions