Re: [hylafax-users] RICOH(Aficio) fax problems

On 2004.06.17 00:38 Sipho.Mothobi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Yes, the receiving RICOH(Aficio) fax machine gets stuck, and requires
reboot in order to continue.

I've seen this before with a Ricoh machine in Spain when receiving a fax from HylaFAX using a USR modem in Class 1 ECM. HylaFAX would get "no response to PPS". It didn't happen on every attempt, either. It was a sporadic problem. I never came to a resolution of the problem. There obviously is a bug in the Ricoh firmware somewhere, but whether their bug is triggered by a bug in the USR or in HylaFAX, I do not know. We didn't seem to see the problem when not using a USR modem.

If you can tell us exactly what the circumstances are that cause this lock-up to happen, then maybe we can help you resolve it. Otherwise, you may want to look for a firmware update from Ricoh or try a different modem for sending. (What kind are you using, anyway?)