From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Frank Griffith
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 8:03 AM
To: Ian Firla
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] E-Mail Notification Problems...Again!

Yes, as I mentioned, this setup has worked successfully before. The best
part of HylaFax was having the received faxes and confirmations sent via
e-mail.

I first deployed this HylaFax server in November of last year. The initial
response was great but when the e-mails stopped coming, most of the users
got scared and went right back to the standard fax machines. Then we began
having trouble with receiving multi-page faxes and that scared away the rest
of them.

In February I rebuilt the server from scratch and the e-mail notification
began to work again. That went okay for a few months but then last week it
stopped with the "user unknown" error. This is the only *nix box in our
network and no one but me accesses it. The IT guys won't go near it so I'm
reasonable sure nothing has been changed or edited.

This is the second time this has happened with the e-mail. I cannot seem to
put my finger on why it works and then suddenly stops working.

I tried using the command line to send mail to any address and that too
fails with "Domain of sender address does not exist" errors. Last week I
used this same server to send e-mails to my home server. No problem. I just
wish I could pin down why it worked fine last week but this week it's does
not.

Ian Firla <ian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you have a valid user / alias for FaxMaster?

Ian