From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Sebastian Flothow
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 6:36 AM
To: Glen B
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech 2834ZDXB US/External - not
reporting "no answer"

Am 9. Jun 2004 um 21:05 Uhr schrieb Glen B:
>  In the event of no answer, faxsend continues waiting for a response
> until
> the process times out with a "unknown error (check modem power)"
> message.
> [...]
> Jun 09 14:48:36.97: [ 3390]: <-- [16:ATDTXXXXXXXXXX\r]
> Jun 09 14:51:36.95: [ 3390]: MODEM TIMEOUT: reading line from modem

Looks like the modem doesn't timeout internally, so HylaFAX loses
patience eventually. The modem's timeout is usually set via one of the
S-registers, but timeout handling seems to be broken in some modems
(for example, I once had a modem which wouldn't timeout when the
destination is busy). In this case, try to get a corrected firmware
from the manufacturer, or put up with it and remember that "check modem
power" actually means "remote not responding" (which is what I did).

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.