Re: [hylafax-users] T.30 T2 timeout, expected page not received

On 2004.06.09 05:36 "Phillips, Steve M. (IA)" wrote:

I have a Comtrol 8-port Rocketmodem III.
I am getting many T.30 T2 timeout, expected page not received errors.

I have contacted Comtrol who have a new driver in the works but they
helped
me apply a fix which has improved the situation.

What fix did Comtrol help you apply?

I used a RocketModem III for a few months in a testing environment with no noticeable problems and so I moved it to a production environment. Almost immediately I began experiencing problems. No-response timeouts were just a part of it. I ended up having to replace it until Comtrol gets that new driver out, but it has been several months now. I think that the delay is that they are waiting on the DSP code provider. The chipset change between RocketModem IIs and IIIs was not fax-friendly.

So much for my testing. Part of the problem with the testing environment was that phone lines were limited, and the modem, unlike most other modems, requires an actual phone line in order to either call, answer, or both (I didn't ever determine which). So it made testing very resource-demanding. But, the problem is quite sporadic, and seems to get much worse only after some internal event happens, and I don't know if I could have ever had that "event" occur in the lab.

Jun 08 13:40:44.27: [14933]: <-- [11:AT+FRM=146\r]
Jun 08 13:40:51.27: [14933]: MODEM TIMEOUT: reading line from modem

Realistically speaking, the modem shouldn't wait 7 seconds before telling us +FCERROR, NO CARRIER, ERROR, or CONNECT. But, like many other modems, it will, depending on what the remote is doing. The problem here is that by the time 7 seconds elapse there is really no way to reliably recover, and so we hang up and expect them to call again.