Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN modem usage HOWTO required.

Am 6. Jun 2004 um 13:10 Uhr schrieb Georgy Goshin:
I think that my case is very common,

Well, there are various types of ISDN modems, adapters, or whatever they may be called, so this case may be less common than you think.

I have a few ISDN different modem, but the best is USR Courier I-Modem I think. Fedora's kudzu recognized him as a standard serial modem (?).

A quick web search doesn't turn up much about this, but it seems that this modem emulates the behavior of analog modems, so it gets detected as a standard serial modem.

What other ISDN modems do you have?

1. My first question is where to get an info about usage of USR Courier I-Modem with linux in common and with Hylafax?

Since it emulates an analog modem, you should be able to use it like one. Just follow the instructions for adding a modem to Hylafax.

According to the USR website, it supports Class 1 and Class 2.0; I'd recommend using Class 1.

2. Now modem answers only on ttyS1, but I would like to use 2 simultaneous connections. Maybe I need to load any drivers for USR Courier I-Modem that will emulate 2 analog modems? Or maybe there is some other way to connect ISDN modem with Hylafax?

This is usually not possible with these things - it's the downside of emulating an analog modem.
In general, they are targeted at average dial-up users with an occasional fax to send. For reliable, higher-volume faxing, I'd recommend a serious ISDN card (i.e., an active one, where the ISDN protocol handling is done in the firmware.)

3. FaxDispatch file contais two method of routing: by device and by CID, is CID the destination number or it is just caller ID?

There are more possibilities; see man faxrcvd.

Gruß Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.