Re: [hylafax-users] MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 firmware

> I've always heard good things about multitechs.  So when I setup a
> Hylafax server, I went with a freebsd 4.9 box and three
> MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 modems.
>
> All have firmware 1.25p, and all three have issues with class2.1 (the
> 2d-mmr thingy).
>
> I did see a firmware for MT5634ZPX-PCI-U that was1.32H, but is that
> what I want?  I don't want to screw up these modems with the wrong
> version.

Some ZPX cards are uPCI, others are normal PCI. I believe (but am not 100%
certain) that the 1.3x firmware's for the uPCI cards.

Bottom line - if in doubt ask multitech.

> Anyone have any info on the lastest firmware specifically for these
> modems?  It's irritating to have really nice modems and not to be able
> to use them to the fullest.

Use hylafax-4.2.0beta2 and run them in Class 1 or 1.0.

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer