Re: [hylafax-users] MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 firmware

On 2004.06.01 12:54 Brian Booth wrote:

I've always heard good things about multitechs.  So when I setup a
Hylafax server, I went with a freebsd 4.9 box and three
MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 modems.

Anyone have any info on the lastest firmware specifically for these
modems?  It's irritating to have really nice modems and not to be able
to use them to the fullest.

Steve may reply on this, I don't know about the firmware version that may or may not be appropriate for your modem.

However, I can say that if you use HylaFAX 4.2.0 (now beta2 or CVS) you'll be able to utilize the modem's features in Class 1.0 just as well as if you used Class 2.1 - PLUS, you'd get additional resolution support. All of this without needing to upgrade the firmware at all.

In Class 2.0/2.1 those modems also handle color faxing - but HylaFAX doesn't support that yet in any Class setting.