Re: [hylafax-users] resubmitting faxes, custom setup

Hans Zimmerman wrote:

Hi list,

we have a somewhat special setup for HylaFAX. We currently try to send a fax 6 times and have it archived after this. Periodically we have a script checking which faxes failed and this script resubmits a fax for another 4 tries. If it fails again it's printed and someone picks it up.
This works great for small faxjobs (< 5pages) and we currently have a below 5% failure rate.

Soon we will be submitting bigger jobs (5 to 50pages) and with the above setup we start faxing all over again from page 0 if it failed after the 6 initial times. This is acceptable for small jobs but if a fax failed at it's 49th page it will resend all pages again at the resend and this must be avoided. As we can't ask sendfax to send a fax only from page x we're looking at how we can achieve this. Is there someone that faced a similar problem? We're currenlty thinking of stripping the succeeded pages from the postscript file but I'm not sure if there is a tool that does this.

Kind regards and thanks for the good work, HylaFAX rocks,

Hans Zimmerman

I just found out that the tool 'psselect' might be able to help me out, it can strip some pages from a postscript file and dump then into another postscript file. Testing will start soon :)

Thanks anyway, still open for other suggestions,

Hans

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.