Re: [hylafax-users] modem selection

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 16:12, Lee Howard wrote:
[snip]

> I'm flattered by the flattery, but really, I'm really not deserving of
> it.  HylaFAX is a poster-child project of the open-source industry,
> really.  There have been countless contributors to this package.  Take
> a look at /usr/share/doc/hylafax/CONTRIBUTORS to see what I mean.
>
> The fact that I work with and develop the HylaFAX source code is merely
> a consequence of the fact that I have clients that have entrusted me to
> provide them a fax server solution, and I have chosen HylaFAX.  So I
> try to do things, like develop Class 1 ECM support, that is in their
> best interest.  That's what they pay me for, I believe.  The fact that
> these developments are speedily contributed back into the HylaFAX
> source tree stems from my firm belief that such contributions only go
> to improve HylaFAX and the HylaFAX community, and my clients will
> therefore benefit from the subsequent exposure, support, and continued
> development of that very work.  So, really, I've already received my
> reward.

I have no argument with that (and I think I said something similar just
a few minutes ago).

I believe what some of the other folks (including myself) were referring
to was more your continuing patience with the same questions (from
different people, hopefully), your knowledge of modem hardware,
firmware, and communication issues, and your willingness to share that
knowledge on the list...

That's the part you can stand up and take a bow for :)

I feel just like you do on the source code and contribution thing (I
wish a few more people would get a clue...).

So go ahead, accept the thanks and kudos, you deserve it.

Steve