Re: [hylafax-users] NSS/NSF support

On 2004.03.09 22:54 Vishal Phirke wrote:
Hi List,
I am new to Hylafax. The problem I am trying to solve is, I have a
t38modem which I want to use to send/receive faxes to/from a
propriatory fax m/c. This fax m/c uses NSF/NSS messages to setup the
fax channel. As per my understanding, these messages have vendor
specific frame formats. My question is, how diifcult is it to make
Hylafax interoperate with such a m/c.

Assuming the NSF/NSS information could be decoded and indicated paramters and features that HylaFAX can support... it wouldn't be hard.

What kind of things I will have
to do to support proper handling of NSF/NSS messages.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

To do any kind of protocol customizing you'll probably need to use Class 1.

It all depends upon what kinds of things the NSF/NSS frames indicate.