Re: [hylafax-users] Multiple Modems

* Darren Nickerson <darren.nickerson@xxxxxxxx> [040302 18:54]:
> At some point in recent history, cwood wrote:
>

> DQoNCg0KDQpoeWxhZmF4LXVzZXJzLWJvdW5jZUBoeWxhZmF4Lm9yZyB3cm90ZSBvbiAwMy8wMi8y
> >
> MDA0IDAyOjE1OjMwIFBNOg0KDQo+IEhpLA0KPg0KPiAgICAgICAgICAgICBJIGp1c3QgZ290IGFu
> >
> b3RoZXIgVVNSIG1vZGVtIGZvciBvdXRib3VuZCBmYXhpbmcuLiAgSeKAmXZlDQo+IGFkZGVkIGl0
> [snip]
> >
> biB0aGUgYW55IGdyb3VwLCB0aGVuIGl0IHdvdWxkIGJlOg0KDQpNb2RlbUdyb3VwOiBhbnk6LioN
> >
> Cg0KKG5vdGUgdGhhdCBldGMvY29uZmlnIGlzIG5vdCAvZXRjL2NvbmZpZyBidXQgcmF0aGVyIGh5
> >
> bGFmYXgvZXRjL2NvbmZpZyBvcg0KZmF4L2V0Yy9jb25maWcgZGVwZW5kaW5nIG9uIHlvdXIgY29u
> > ZmlndXJhdGlvbik=
>
> You know, that's funny ... I was going to say the same thing! ;-)
>
> But seriously, am I the only person that is unable to view this (apparently
> Unicode(UTF-8)) message?

Probably not the only one...

It was:
------------------------------------
hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/02/2004 02:15:30 PM:

> Hi,
>
>             I just got another USR modem for outbound faxing..  Iâve
> added it to Hylafax with faxaddmodem.  Iâve got faxgetty listening
> on /dev/ttyS4 and I want to have all outbound faxes go to /dev/ttyS5
> Minicom reports the modem working so it works.  When I run sendfax
> it states the following.
>
> Trying fax device '/dev/tty4c'... cannot open!
> Trying fax device '/dev/tty4d'... cannot open!
> sendfax: cannot access fax device(s) (locked?)
>
> Where do I tell it to just use ttyS5?

Check out etc/config and the line you want to configure is "ModemGroup."
Assuming you are using the any group, you can set it to:

ModemGroup: any:ttyS5

If you want outgoing to use ANY fax in the any group, then it would be:

ModemGroup: any:.*

(note that etc/config is not /etc/config but rather hylafax/etc/config or
fax/etc/config depending on your configuration)
aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,