[hylafax-users] Problem building HylaFAX 4.1.8 w/ gcc 3.3.2 including Ghostscript source

Title: Problem building HylaFAX 4.1.8 w/ gcc 3.3.2 including Ghostscript source
Hi everybody,

I have a quick question that I can’t see has been covered in the lists so far...

My objective
--------------
I’m trying to build a HylaFAX server from source on one machine for deployment to another.  Since I want the deployment to be as seamless as possible, I’d like to be able to configure HylaFAX to include Ghostscript sources so that I only have a single package to deploy.

Setup so far
--------------
Configued GS=”yes” and added symlink “gs” in the root HylaFAX directory pointing to the Ghostscript sources.
The configure runs to completion, sees the Ghostscript source and appears to contain valid data.

Here’s the problem:
----------------------
During the make, I fail with the following compiler error:

gcc  @HAVE_MKSTEMP@ @OPT_CFLAGS@ @GCFLAGS@  -I./obj -I./src  -o ./obj/gp_getnv.o -c ./src/gp_getnv.c
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

From there, the make aborts.  I’ve reproduced this with gcc 3.3.2 and 2.95.3

Here’s other possibly relevant information:

1) Environment:
Solaris 9 12/03 – Sparc
gcc 3.3.2 / 2.95.3 (both source-built)
HylaFAX 4.1.8
Ghostscript (GNU) 7.07 (incl. JPEG 6b)
libtiff 3.6.1

2) I have built the same Ghostscript source as an independent binary and confirmed that it can display the tiger.ps and that it includes the tiffg3 device.

3) If I eliminate the Ghostscript build (GS=”no”), I can make and make install just fine.

Questions
-----------
  1. Has anybody encountered this problem before?
  2. If the same compiler can succeed and fail on the same source like this, does that point the finger at HylaFAX’s generated Makefile?
  3. Is there any success history building on this platform?
  4. Can anybody suggest a valid approach to allow me to build with GS=”yes”

I’d really appreciate an answer since I’m very impressed with what I’ve read about HylaFAX in the past week and I’d love to be able to introduce it to my company as a standard.

Best regards,
Adrian Newby

---------------------------------

Adrian Newby
Chief Technology Officer
Prudent Rx Inc.
100 Corporate Pointe, Suite 395
Culver City, CA 90230

P: +1 (310)642-1700 x124
F: +1 (310)642-1701
e: anewby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

**Notice of Confidentiality**
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of the communication is prohibited.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions