Re: [hylafax-users] WHFC - Cover Pages again

Greetings

Thank you so much - when I looked at your email it made perfect sense

however

the wrapper script looks like this

#!/bin/sh
## Set SendFaxCmd: /usr/sbin/faxsend-wrapper in $SPOOL/etc/config
## Args should be:
## $1    "-m"
## $2    "devXX"
## $3    "sendq/qXXX"
#
# Grab the cover page so faxsend doesn't delete it before we use it in notify
MYCOVER=`grep 'postscript.*cover' <$3 | awk -F: '{print $4}'`
cp $MYCOVER tmp
exec /usr/sbin/faxsend $*

and the fax sends perfectly but I get no confirmation email.

Just to make it REALLY weird, if I comment out the cp command, it works and I
get a notify by email. And yes, I checked out the cp and it works fine.

Anyone got any ideas - I know I'm missing something really stoopid here.

TIA

Nigel.

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:35, you wrote:
> * Nigel Allen <prosmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [031202 01:42]:
> > Greetings
> >
> > Okay - here's the problem. I altered the notify and notify.awk scripts to
> > grab the name of the cover page from the q file and ran sed on it to pick
> > up the info I need. The only problem is that by the time that notify runs
> > the .cover page has been removed by some unknown program. The .ps file -
> > ie page 2 - is still there but the .cover is gone.
>
> This is what I wrote about earlier.  FaxQueuer's handling of "cover"
> documents differs from that of "normal" documents.
>
> > Can anyone please tell me:
> >
> > 1. What deletes the cover page (and for bonus points, why the fsck it
> > does that?)
> > 2. Is there any way short of hacking the program (config file maybe?)
> > that I can stop this rather anti-social behaviour.
>
> Something like:
> /usr/sbin/faxsend-wrapper:
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	## Set SendFaxCmd: /usr/sbin/faxsend-wrapper in $SPOOL/etc/config
> 	## Args should be:
> 	## $1    "-m"
> 	## $2    "devXX"
> 	## $3    "sendq/qXXX"
> 	COVER=`grep cover $3 | sed ........`
> 	cp $COVER tmp
> 	exec /usr/sbin/faxsend $*
>
> And then just look for $TMP/doc$JID.cover in notify.
>
> I know it's a hack, but currently it's the only way to get it done.

Nigel Allen
Senior Consultant
Prosmart Consulting Australia
Ph: +61 2 9450 2690