Re: [hylafax-users] WHFC - Cover Pages again

* Nigel Allen <prosmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [031202 01:42]:
> Greetings

> Okay - here's the problem. I altered the notify and notify.awk scripts to grab
> the name of the cover page from the q file and ran sed on it to pick up the
> info I need. The only problem is that by the time that notify runs the .cover
> page has been removed by some unknown program. The .ps file - ie page 2 - is
> still there but the .cover is gone.

This is what I wrote about earlier.  FaxQueuer's handling of "cover"
documents differs from that of "normal" documents.

> Can anyone please tell me:
>
> 1. What deletes the cover page (and for bonus points, why the fsck it does
> that?)
> 2. Is there any way short of hacking the program (config file maybe?) that I
> can stop this rather anti-social behaviour.

Something like:
/usr/sbin/faxsend-wrapper:
	#!/bin/sh
	## Set SendFaxCmd: /usr/sbin/faxsend-wrapper in $SPOOL/etc/config
	## Args should be:
	## $2    "devXX"
	## $3    "sendq/qXXX"
	COVER=`grep cover $3 | sed ........`
	cp $COVER tmp
	exec /usr/sbin/faxsend $*

And then just look for $TMP/doc$JID.cover in notify.

I know it's a hack, but currently it's the only way to get it done.

aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,