[hylafax-users] WHFC - Cover Pages again

Greetings

Apologies if this is becoming tiring - it is for me.

Recap:
Using WHFC on Win-98 clients talking to HylaFAX 4.1.5-1

I am trying to capture the "Regarding:" from the cover page and insert it into
the confirmation email.

WHFC appear to not use the "COVER" but instead creates two pages (for a one
page fax that is).

At the foot of the "q" file I see:

!postscript:0::docq/doc79.cover
!postscript:0::docq/doc146.ps

I grabbed both of these files whilst sending a fax and sure enough, they are
both postscript files with (as you would expect) the cover info I want to
grab in the .cover file and I can get the info I need out using ps2ascii and
sed - brilliant!

Okay - here's the problem. I altered the notify and notify.awk scripts to grab
the name of the cover page from the q file and ran sed on it to pick up the
info I need. The only problem is that by the time that notify runs the .cover
page has been removed by some unknown program. The .ps file - ie page 2 - is
still there but the .cover is gone.

Can anyone please tell me:

1. What deletes the cover page (and for bonus points, why the fsck it does
that?)
2. Is there any way short of hacking the program (config file maybe?) that I
can stop this rather anti-social behaviour.

TIA

Nigel.

Nigel Allen
Senior Consultant