Re: [hylafax-users] WinPrintHylaFAX Client

Thanks. That's terrific info. But doesn't WHFC require a couple of extra things be loaded on the computer. Our IT guys are totally against this. That's why I must try and achieve this goal without ruffling their feathers. The only reason they have let me proceed this far is that fact that HylaFax is $0 investment and they don't have to support it. But if I can make it work in my department some of them will certainly take notice and we might make further inroads.

Also, Samba scares the hell out of me. I have never been able to make it work with Win2K without using clear text passwords and the IT guys get blood in their eyes when they hear this. Perhaps my level of experience is limited but I've been working with Samba at home for many years. The MS entrenched IT department will never let this one fly.

Pedro Rocadas <procadas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- Frank Griffith wrote:

> I tried the samba printing method and a few of the
> other clients listed on HylaFAX's website but the
> only one I/ find viable is WinPrintHylaFAX. That's
> because, like most users, the ones in my office have
> limited computer knowledge and if you can't just
> print the document, they are lost.

Don't get me wrong but, in the documents your users
include the destination fax number right? And maybe
most of the times they send to same numbers wich are
located in some kind of phonebook. My father is a 60
y/o good man, and started using a PC. When I want
teach him something new nothing is better than a
bunch of screenshots :-).. Adding this with the use of
WHFC and you are done.. With WHFC you print the jobs,
you can use faxcover (a waste of paper and not
ecologic, imho), and you can have a shared phonebook.
With a plus, your users can delete the job if they
make a mistake. With a samba-print-a like system your
users can't do it.

> Has anyone else used this client and if so, how does
> one go about attaching a cover sheet to the fax
> without creating one in the document you're
> printing?

Hope this helps.