Re: [hylafax-users] RH9 - metamail and mgetty-sendfax

--- Mike McMullen <mlm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install Hylafax 4.1.7 on a fresh RH9
> system.
>
> When I installed RH9 I selected everything so in
> theory
> all packages that come with RH9 are there.

Yes, even things that you don't needed to have a
server working ;-), but metamail isn't in RH9 release,
even I think that happens in RH( too. Go to
http://rpmfind.net/ and search for metamail or use the
rpm that is included in RH7.3.

> The
> install
> went fine and it's updated fine since the install.
> It now
> shows no updates need to be made.
>
> I downloaded hylafax-4.1.7-1rh9.i386.rpm from
> hylafax.org.
> When I try  to install it I get the following
> errors:
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         metamail is needed by hylafax-4.1.7-1rh8

If you want deliver the income faxes by email you need
metamail.

>         mgetty-sendfax conflicts with
> hylafax-4.1.7-1rh8

Correct, just rpm -e mgetty-sendfax.

> I looked and yep metamail is not there. However why
> does the error show the package this it's
> hylafax-4.1.7-1rh8
> when it is hylafax-4.1.7-1rh9?

You lost me here.

> Also what is the solution for the mgetty-sendfax
> conflict issue?

Read above or type inthe shell rpm -e mgetty-sendfax

> I upgraded three other servers running RH7.3 without
> any
> issue. I need to move some other servers to RH9 that
> will
> use hylafax so this is my test system.

Because you have metamail in RH7.3 and you didn't
installed mgetty-sendfax package, you see, all doesn't
mean better.

> Any help appreciated!
>
> Mike

Hope this helps. Cheers.