Re: [hylafax-users] Advice about dual serial ttyS2 and ttyS3

Mark Gillingham said:
> I'm a novice when it comes it many things including serial ports. I
> have an inexpensive 2-port PCI card mapped to ttyS2 and ttyS3. For some
> time after I installed the card these ports worked as long as I
> decreased the speed a bit. Since my organization does not send faxes
> each day, some time passed before I discovered that these ports were
> not working. The modems appear fine and work on ttyS0 or ttyS1.
>
> Perhaps one of you has experience with dual serial PCI cards and modems
> and would point me in the right direction. More information follows:
>
> lspci reports the dual serial as
>
> 00:0b.0 Serial controller: NetMos Technology 222N-2 I/O Card (2S+1P)
> (rev 01)

<snipped modem config stuff>

Your first step should be confirming whether you are able to communicate
with the modem. Try soemthing like minicom to manually send commands to
the modem. If you are unable to do that, try a different modem, one you
know for sure is working. If that doesn't work, try a different serial
card.

Josh