Re: [hylafax-users] Advice about dual serial ttyS2 and ttyS3

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 11:09 AM, Josh Welch wrote:

Your first step should be confirming whether you are able to communicate
with the modem. Try soemthing like minicom to manually send commands to
the modem. If you are unable to do that, try a different modem, one you
know for sure is working. If that doesn't work, try a different serial
card.

Josh

I've narrowed it to the serial card by testing the modem on ttyS0--modem works on ttyS0 but not on ttyS2 (or ttyS3), which is the PCI dual serial card.The card is a StarTech. As I said, it worked for a while as long as I reduced the speed. I'll double check the configuration of the card. In case I need to replace the card, do you have a suggestion?

Mark