Re: [hylafax-users] DID

Lee Howard said:

> On 2003.06.23 08:36 Matthew Hattersley wrote:
> > thats good to know, thanyou VERY much... I thought for a second that
> > id
> > screwed up somewhere.
> >
> > However after trawling, I cannot find any docs... im not asking to be
> > spoon
> > fed here.... just a pointer
>
> I'm not quite sure what you want to know.  All of the information on
> utilizing DID is in the "docs" (the 'man' pages).
>
> You have faxgetty catch the DID digits just as you would have it catch
> CID information.  You configure it exactly the same way, by setting up
> QualifyCID and either CIDName or CIDNumber (or both) in your config
> file.  Then you route by CIDName or CIDNumber in faxrcvd (FaxDispatch).
>
> 'man cid', 'man hylafax-config', and 'man faxrcvd' should get you there.
>
> I'm happy to help, just I don't know *what* you're having problems with.
>
> Lee.

I've not implemented this, but when I was looking at it it seemed that
a lot of the issues were with getting the drivers to properly report
the called number information, it seems like it was just a matter of
futzing with the configuration a lot. Once that was working, things fell
into place pretty quickly. You will want to make sure you are using current
Hylafax code, 4.1.6 should have everything you need, just released last
week.
4.1.5 should have it too, I believe. Prior to that, you should upgrade.

Josh