Re: [hylafax-users] Simulating incoming faxes

On 2003.06.16 11:32 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> <idea>
> Hey, Lee?  Could we set up a config file whereby you could just hook
> two ports together with a null modem cable, and they'd cooperate?
> </idea>

Hi Jay.

No, not really.  There has to be *something* on the serial device which
at least minimally understands the AT command set and can "listen" to
signals from the other port.  In order to accomplish this, in effect
you'd be writing a soft-modem driver of sorts.