Re: [hylafax-users] problem faxing after version update...!?!

> Even though the problem (c2faxrecv pointing to a wrong spool dir)
> persist, the hylfax setup started working all of a sudden. i downloaded
> the capitools you suggested and it seems to be C source files. How do I
> run them? But I think the incoming and outgoing connections are Ok,

Compile them!

> since I recieve and can send fax. Well now there is a new problem. I
> found a patch update for hylafax and installed it and seems the is more
> problem :-(
>
> root# faxsetup
> Setup program for HylaFAX (tm) 4.1.5.
>
> Created for i386-suse-linux on Tue Jun  3 14:13:34 UTC 2003.
>
> Reading cached parameters from /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache.
>
> Checking system for proper client configuration.
> Checking system for proper server configuration.
>
> Setting Ghostscript font path in /usr/lib/fax/hyla.conf.
>

> Make /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax a link to /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax.gs.
>

> Make /var/spool/fax/bin/pdf2fax a link to /var/spool/fax/bin/pdf2fax.gs.
>
> Update /var/spool/fax/status/any.info.
>
> Modem support functions written to /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.modem.
> Configuration parameters written to /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache.
>
> Restarting HylaFAX server processes.
> Should I restart the HylaFAX server processes [yes]? yes
> /etc/init.d/hylafax start
> Starting service HylaFAX..failed
>
> You do not appear to be using faxgetty to notify the HylaFAX scheduler
> about new modems and/or their status.  This means that you must use the
> faxmodem program to inform the new faxq process about the modems you
> want to have scheduled by HylaFAX.  Beware that if you have modems that
> require non-default capabilities specified to faxmodem then you should
> read faxmodem(8C) manual page and do this work yourself (since this
> script is not intelligent enough to automatically figure out the modem
> capabilities and supply the appropriate arguments).
>
> Should I run faxmodem for each configured modem [yes]? no
> Done verifying system setup.

Did you run faxmodem faxCAPI?
This only works, if config.faxCAPI is already present.

> root# /etc/init.d/hylafax restart
> Shutting down service HylaFAX..done
> Starting service HylaFAX..failed
>
> root# faxstat -a
> HylaFAX scheduler on puf.dichtelemente.de: Not running
> Modem faxCAPI (+49.40.77291010): Running and idle
>
> Even though these problems exists, I can stil recieve faxes. I don't
> understand what is going on?

If c2faxrecv (or faxgetty in a modem installation) is running, receiving
works as usual, but no fax sending is possible. I assume this is the case.

http://www.hylafax.org/setup.php#Cron

--
Holger