Re: [hylafax-users] Can't send MS Word File as Attachment to theHylaFax Server

Hi,

> I recently installed HylaFax 4.1.5 on a RedHat 8 Linux PC. It works beautifully, I can send fax via WHCF, can receive email notification of fax received.
>
> One problem though, is I can not send MS Word File attachment to the FaxServer. I can send short text message through the HylaFax Server, using the the format root@97456699.fax. The fax comes out from the Fax Machine is not very satisfactory though, there are a lot of  Message after the Body Text. Like <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC" - //W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional //EN"> and so on and so on.

how should a Linux-Server know what to do with a M$ Word file?
There might be a solution using open office.
You can just use ps, tiffg3 or pdf-format.

Did you try sending an email just in text-format? The text after the
body seems to be html coding.

--
Holger