De : hylafax-users-bounce@hylafax.org
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@hylafax.org] De la part de Holger Raschke
Envoyé : jeudi 5 juin 2003 09:58
À : Simon Chen
Cc : hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Objet : Re: [hylafax-users] Can't send MS Word File as Attachment to the
HylaFax Server

Hi,

> I recently installed HylaFax 4.1.5 on a RedHat 8 Linux PC. It works
> beautifully, I can send fax via WHCF, can receive email notification
of fax received.

> One problem though, is I can not send MS Word File attachment to the
> FaxServer. I can send short text message through the HylaFax Server,
> using the the format root@97456699.fax. The fax comes out from the Fax

> Machine is not very satisfactory though, there are a lot of  Message
> after the Body Text. Like <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC" - //W3C//DTD HTML 4.0

> Transitional //EN"> and so on and so on.

how should a Linux-Server know what to do with a M$ Word file? There
might be a solution using open office. You can just use ps, tiffg3 or
pdf-format.

Did you try sending an email just in text-format? The text after the
body seems to be html coding.

--
Holger

/dev/null
  *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail
sales@hylafax.org.*