Re: [hylafax-users] Ignoring voice calls

> What to do:  Just don't worry about it!!  Hylafax's default
> configuration is to disable voice and data capability.  Just run
> faxaddmodem for Class 1 and you're done!   The much harder thing to do
> is to get voice and data capability to work, especially with Class 1
> modems.  If you're not interested in these features, then don't enter an
> adaptive answer line( or any other extra lines beyond that setup with
> faxaddmodem) in the config file at all.

But won't HylaFax still pick up in 6 rings (or whatever I define) and then
the caller is left talking to the fax server?  Maybe I didn't make my goal
specific enough, but I'd like HylaFax to decide that the incoming call isn't
a fax transmission and then let my answering machine begin working.  I know
some of Hewlett-Packard's multifunction printers with fax capability can do
this, which led me to think that perhaps HylaFax can too.

It's my understanding that the HP system will "listen in" on incoming calls,
and if it detects a fax transmission, it will handle that call as such.  But
if it doesn't detect a fax transmission, it just does nothing, letting the
person or the answering machine do their thing.  Is this what HylaFax does?

Thanx for the help.

Pete