Re: [hylafax-users] Non-GUI Front End

--- Carl Carstenson <carlc@snowbd.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all of the replies. I am not wanting to
> generate my own
> coversheet (yet). All I want is a character-based
> entry form where a
> user can enter the recipient's name, fax number, and
> comments. I guess
> that these fields would then feed into a faxcover
> command line using the
> default coverpage, which would pipe to faxsend. For
> this specific
> system, the hylafax client and server are both on
> the same RH7.3 server.

Well, you can use enscript then. To have an idea in
how to start, go to HowTo section and take a look in
the as400script. But from mn sendfax you have

-c comments

Pass  comments  to the faxcover(1) program for
inclusion in the comments field of any generated cover
page.

And from man faxcover

faxcover generates a POSTSCRIPT® cover page document
on the standard output. The cover page fills the
entire area of a default page and is created according
to the information supplied on the command line and a
cover sheet template file.

I think it worth(?) a try. Cheers.