Re: [hylafax-users] Faxgetty + pppd

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 04:42:55PM -0400, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
> Giulio Orsero wrote:
> >Yes, but this is not just an outgoing only modem, it will get incoming pppd,
> >hopefully at 115200, while faxgetty defaults to 19200 to be safe, then
> >there's adaptive answer which may or may not work reliably depending on
> >modem firmware... This is why I'd consider using faxmodem.
> >
> I assumed running faxgetty was a better solution, but I still don't know
> what to do to pass control through to pppd on data connections.

I'd sort of gathered that the answer is, use agetty as HF's data getty
and then log the user in, and pass controll to pppd that way.  Did I
miss that you'd tried this already?

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")