Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax FSP DLL for Windows 2000/XP

On Thursday, October 17, 2002, at 08:15  AM, Dmitry Bely wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I need your advice.

Dmitry,

Yours sounds like a great client. If for no other reason, it sounds
like a very elegant solution. As for open source or not, you will find
any number of opinions on the subject. If you are worried about your
TIFF library, maybe you can release that closed source and the rest
open. That way maybe others can contribute receiving capabilities.

Either way, be certain to RELEASE IT!!!!

As to whether you choose to charge for it, up to you, but I know many
use HylaFAX as a cheap alternative to commercial solutions. I know that
my company wouldn't spend the $$$ on a commercial solution, so HylaFAX
allows me to come up with a very good solution without spending lots of
cash. That eliminates Cypheus for me as a client b/c I can't find the
cash in the budget, especially b/c WHFC works well enough for me.

(Now, the fact that HylaFAX is super-capable, open, and multiplatform
(clients) is just a nice bonus!!!!)

So, I can't use your client right yet b/c I cannot upgrade past Win98
for a while (Need DEC LAT support) but I wish I could if it is as
seamless a solution as you suggest.

Either way you go, get it out there! The more clients, the better.

So, when is anyone going to release some of their server configuration
frontends. Sounds to me like many people have come up with their own
interfaces to configuring HylaFAX, yet nobody seems to have released
them!

Tom