Re: [hylafax-users] send all page(paging) to the same service provider at once

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 03:55:40PM -0400, Judy Yam wrote:
> Whenever I need to send many page (I'am talking about paging using command
> "sendpage") to different person and that all of them are connected to the
> same service provider, what Hylafax does it connect, send a page and
> disconnect many times.  So my question is: is there any option in Hylafax
> that allowd to group all pages relating to the same service provider and
> connect only one time and send the batch of pages and disconnect ?

Yeah, neither sendpage nor sendfax batches jobs at the moment.  If I
remember correctly from my IXO days, different switches support
batching different ways, and the protocol doesn't provide any way to
tell what sort of terminal you're talking to.

I believe sendpage supports SNPP; you'll need to get an actual
engineer on the phone at your provider(s) to find out if it's
supported there.

Note that many alpha pagers now have email addresses; if you're not
in a life-safety situation, that might be good enough for you...

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")