Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.1.3, OSX 10.2.1 (Jaguar), Mac G3 B&W, Internal Modem

On 2002.10.01 22:42 Bob Beaton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled and installed the latest HylaFAX on my G3 B&W, which is
> running
> the latest Mac OSX. Everything went fine (thanks to the on-line HOW-TO
> and
> list comments!!!) until I sent my first fax. As documented in the list
> archives, there appears to be some time-out problems with the Apple
> internal
> modem. I set mine up as a Class 2 modem, using /dev/cu.modem.
>
> I'm wondering of any fixes have been found for this configuration.
> And, more
> generally, I'm wondering if HylaFAX really works with the latest OSX.
> If so,
> with what configurations? I have an old 28.8 SupraFaxModem--should I
> be
> using that instead of the internal Apple (Rockwell) modem?

The last word I had on this was that the Apple internal modem would
work, but only with RTSCTS (hardware flow).

So change 'FlowControl' to "rtscts", restart faxgetty, and see where
that gets you.  Let us know.

As for specific compatibility with OSX... I can't say more than to say
that it has worked for some and it has made others frustrated.

If you can't get the internal modem to work, the Supra would be a good
alternative.