Re: [hylafax-users] smbfax problems

Hi Tom:

I ran into a similiar problem as did another user.

I gave up on the problem but the other user discovered a solution.

I will include exactly what he wrote to me, I have no idea if it works but
the other user seems to think it works great now.

<quote>
If you use version 1.2 of the script it gives a more informative error.

The last time I set it up I had this error and in my case it was because
setuid failed (the script wasn't being run as root so it couldn't setuid to
the
user who was requesting the fax so it could sendfax from them)

In my case the cure was to chmod u+s smbfax-html (to the v1.4 script)
so that it ran as root (assuming it is owned by root)

I've set up smbfax about 3 or 4 times now, never been a problem really.
</quote>

Hope this helps out.

Best regards,

Brian