Re: [hylafax-users] smbfax problems

On Tuesday, September 24, 2002, at 04:16  PM, Sam Kalet wrote:

> It sounds like you need to modify two lines in your smbfax.conf:
>
>> Where do I change this? Obviously this is a default that is trying to
>> send e-mails for smbfax to username@ otc.isu.edu, which isn't my
>> address.
>
> $TRAILING_EMAIL which defaults to prepending @otc.isu.edu

[snip]

> $BASE_URL which allows you to define what URL should be forwarded to
> the user

Well, Thank you Sam for your pointers here. I edited the smbfax.conf
file (DUH) and now the e-mail is delivered correctly, and I can access
the link via the web server. (Same RedHat 7.3 machine)

However, after filling out the form and clicking on "send", I get this
error (in my web browser):

<--Begin error text-->

Fax Sent

Program output follows (in case of any errors)

COMMAND FAILED

(returned non-zero exit status "255")

You will receive E-Mail if there are any problems with your fax, unless
you checked the Do not send me any email option.

<--end error text-->

This is repeated again, followed by a horizontal rule and the date and
time. HylaFAX never receives the job, as there are no log files created
in "/var/spool/hylafax/log".

Any ideas?

Tom