Re: [hylafax-users] Mac OS X Fax Recieve Errors

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:30:34AM -0400, cbain wrote:
> I am attempting to port Hylafax to Mac OS X 10.1.5.

You are so our hero.  :-)  [ looks below ]  You're a release or so out
of date, though...

> I have configured it as a class 2 modem. I am sending a low res fax from
> a Panasonic fax machine. The receive log I get is shown below. If I set
> the error tolerance lower, Hylafax rejects the fax and the sending fax
> machine hangs up giving an error. An ideas as to what may be causing this
> problem ? Help would be greatly appreciated:

Hmmm... I dunno: do Mac's still have that "you can have hardware flow
control *or* carrier detect, but not both" silliness on the serial
ports?  This sounds like flowcontrol.

Use class 1, though, if you can.  It's much classier than most vendor's
class 2 firmware, these days -- all hail the Gang.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")