Re: [hylafax-users] Convert to pdf stopped working:

On Wednesday 11 September 2002 17:42, Joe W. Guy, Jr. wrote:
> Disreguard that last email, I didn't issue the cmd right.  I re-entered the
> cmd as
> tiff2ps -2-O test.ps fax00543.tif
> and the file converted to a .ps file.  I then converted test.ps to test.pdf
> using ps2pdf.  I opened this file just fine.  I then re-applyed pdf to
> FaxDispatch.  FaxDispatch does not create a readable pdf file still.  Any
> ideas?  Thanks.

You still need to tell me how you encode your mime file.  I am starting to
suspect that must be the culprit.  Unless as Jay pointed out, you simply have
a screwed up pdf reader on your client.

Have you tried to open up the converted pdf with a linux based tool like
ImageMagick's display?

Also, please tell me what is in your FaxDispatch file.  If all you have is
that the file should be pdf and sent to someone, then I hope you have
metamail installed.  if you do not, then without doing more, you won't be
able to properly mime-encode the pdf file when sending it.

You need to use metamail (my first resort) or I guess if you cannot, uuencode
or something similar.  Look at the howto and it tells you exactly how to set
this up.

Sunil