Re: [hylafax-users] multiple faxes to dodgy fax machine?

Am Die, 2002-09-03 um 14.56 schrieb Jean Dumont:
> I don't know how to stop the faxes from re-trying uselessly, but surely the international call is only registered if the call connects?
Well, here around you pay from the moment someone (or something) picks
up the phone on the other side.

> This is dangerous too since we had an instance where a receiving fax machine was set up incorrectly, but has since been fixed. HylaFAX from my TPC cell now no longer even attempts to connect to the said number since HylaFAX thinks it is not a valid fax number and stores the number in a pool of numbers that will not be tried.
This is an important feature. Consider "phone-terror" that would result
by not supporting this kind of cache. Consider: Somebody does not like
you, he just have to send n (with n>1000) faxes per day to your phone.
And bingo you have to change your phone number. ;)

> The receiving fax number now has to be changed with the telephone company. Not the best of situations.
Well, what about contacting the tpc cell and telling them that the
number got fixed?

Andreas