Re: [hylafax-users] Distinctive Ring and Answering Fax ONLY

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 01:49:33PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > On the other hand, I am having a hell of a time setting my USR faxmodem so
> > that distinctive ring is turned on.  I read the documentation and
> > supposidly
> >
> > ATS41=1 should do the trick.  However, this simply causes an error
> > whenever I try to give the command.  I figured I would then save it in
> > vram, but this is just not working.
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> What *exactly* is the modem again?  Tell us everything written on the
> sticker that looks like a model number, and you could throw in the
> output of probemodem, too (I *think* that dumps all the ATI strings...)

Nah, don't bother.

I just checked the Quick Tech Ref from USR, and you're right, you
should be doing the right thing.

You may have to call tech support.  One of the ATI commands should
explicitly say "Distinctive Ring".

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")