Re: [hylafax-users] Distinctive Ring and Answering Fax ONLY

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 12:55:28PM -0400, Sunil William Savkar wrote:
> I wanted to add distinctive ring support.
>
> Since this is the same line i use for voicecalls in and out of my place, I
> wanted to have distinctive ring so that incoming calls that i designate as
> being fax only (i.e. RING2) will be the only ones faxgetty answers.
>
> I have searched throughout google, hylafax pages, etc., but there doesn't
> seem to be a clear answer how to do this.
>
> It appears that setting up RingVoice woudl simply start a call to vgetty
> which I don't want.  Do I just set up RingFax and leave everything else
> blank?

If what you are asking is "how do I get faxgetty to answer the phone
for fax calls ("RING2"), and not answer the phone for voice calls
("RING1") because my answering machine on the same line is going to
pick those up", then yes, you set RingFax to RING2, and leave
everything else blank.

If you're wanting to do voice-mail-y stuff with voice capable modems,
then you need to also set RingVoice, and do some vgetty magic that I am
not personally familiar with, and which isn't documented the best of
any task in the world...

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")