Re: [hylafax-users] Job times

Quoting Shachar Goldin <sgoldin@orthospot.com>:

> I have hylafax 4.1.1 installed on FreeBSD-4.5-RELEASE
> With an AT&T Paradyne Dataport 14.4 (EXCELENT modem)
> its been running more or less without a hitch for a while now,
> however
> I noticed that there is a 10 minute delay between each fax

I noticed something similar today (but it's more like 15-20 minutes
between faxes). That's the first time we've got this but that's also the
first time we've got over 10000 faxes in the queue. As HylaFAX reread
every queue fax file when trying to send one fax, I believe there is a big
disk I/O bottleneck there. I'll investigate more later and see if we can
change this without creating new problems...

> I (which is to say, my boss) was asking (read: insisting) that this
> be lowered
> I was wondering which configuration file contains this (or do I need
> to recompile?)

In the mean time, you can always try to put the fastest disk you can on
the fax server. It should help reduce the delay.

I'll verify my claims today and report back...

CC: to devel

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@loups.net