Re: [hylafax-users] Restricting users' rights

Nejc,

> I have a Linux Slackware 8.0 with Hylafax 4.1 and Cypheus 2.48 on
> Windows XP clients. I can send faxes and recieve them without
problem.
> But since this is a server on a larger network, users mustn't see
each
> other's faxes. Every user has a username and password and UID in
> Hylafax's hosts.hfaxd and every one is also logged with his own
> username and password on the server with Cypheus. So: How can I
> restrict user1 that he cannot see (or at least read) user2's sent
> faxes? Is that even possible? I figured out that changing
ownership of
> the files in doneq directory isn't very smart since hylafaxd runs
as
> uucp user. I tried to play around with RecvFileMode modes but no
go. I
> just couldn't make it work as I want to.

Therefore you need to install/setup MySQL and add each user at
Cypheus Settings -> System -> User settings. Don't check "View all
sent faxes" and "Access to system settings". But add one user as
administrator first! Otherwise you will not have access to Cypheus
settings anymore!

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 . D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 . Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com . http://www.urania.com

Highend Fax: HylaFAXR (www.hylafax.org)
and Cypheus (www.cypheus.de)