Re: [hylafax-users] Long interval between sending jobs?

On 13 Aug 2002 12:30:17 -0400, "Jesse D. Sightler"
<jsightler@eximtechnologies.com> wrote:

>If it makes a difference, I am not using faxgetty.  Would this be
>useful?

Don't think it would make a time difference. It's only that faxgetty would
log more stuff since it's always alive trying to get the modem.

So maybe it would only be useful to see clearly when time is spent.

I think HylaFAX check if the modem is free for use every 30sec, so if you
sum this to the time it need to initialize modem you can get something near
1min.

You can reduce 30 sec by some parameter, look at man hylafax-config and
search the string 30.

--
giulioo@pobox.com