Re: [hylafax-users] Incoming Fax server with MS Exchange

Buddy Murray said:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm having problems setting up Hylafax to act as an incoming fax
> server for
> my company.  What I'd like to do is:
>
> 1)Receive the faxes,
> 2)Convert to .pdf
> 3)Email the fax to the faxmaster.
>
> Should be a straightforward setup, except that our e-mail system is MS
> Exchange, which is set up to act like an IMAP server.  Do I need another
> daemon to poll the incoming fax directory and then e-mail
> automatically send
> the fax to the faxmaster, or is this something Sendmail can do?  I could
> sure use some insight on how to get this working.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Buddy

As long as you put a valid alias from your exchange box as the address for
FaxMaster, it shouldn't matter. The mails should  be delivered to the
account on your exchange machine. Unless your Exchange server won't accept
external mail, in which case you could just periodically download the mails
from a box on the fax server I guess. My Exchange skills are not good,
non-existant may be more accurate, so I don't know how you would do that.
Also, you need to make sure that sendmail on your faxserver knows how to
find the exchange server, either by an internal DNS server, or by ading an
entry in the hosts file on the sendmail machine.

Josh