Re: [hylafax-users] DS-hylagate / Digital Sender Page up

* Jan Schr?der <schroeder@nevatec.com> [020809 10:41]:

> Yes, you are right. Well the thing is really easy - the Digital Sender
> Service is not a fax software. It is just a driver that recveives
> - let me say - data from the digital sender and works them into
> two files in a shared directory. I was a little disappointed when
> we got our DS that it was not able to fax "out of the box".
> Normally you need a commercial fax-software in addition to the
> DS to be able to use the fax-functions. DS-Hylagate avoids this.
> BTW: According to the DS Developer-Kit, DS-Hylagate should
> also work with several HP ScanJets that use the same techniques.
>
> There is no way having linux "talk" to the DS yet. But I think this
> will change if HP continues to support the series. It means porting
> IMSP to linux, for as much as I know...

Have you looked at what they are sending (tcpdump/etc)? I can't see it
needing a very complicated protocol (although I can see them making
it complicated, just cause...)

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,

PGP signature