Re: [hylafax-users] V.34-fax

Am Die, 2002-08-06 um 18.17 schrieb Lee Howard:
> On 2002.08.06 09:01 Marcus Franke wrote:
>
> Quite common, actually.  Most new, upper-end machines sold for the last
> year or so have supported V.34-fax (Super G3).  The number of these that
> you hit depend on the type of places to which you fax.  In my experience
> (mostly faxing to real estate and financial services companies) you see
> about 15% of the destinations supporting some level of V.34-fax.  Very
> rarely do I ever get 33,600 Kbps connections, though.  (It usually
> negotiates slower than that - I'm guessing due to line noise.)
Sounds good, it seems I need to convince my boss that I MUST
have such kind of hardware for the new server. Currently I "just"
have a B1 PCI card from AVM..

> There are only a limited number of modems that do support V.34-fax.
> MultiTech, Eicon, Digi, and Equinox (but Equinox's doesn't support
> V.34-fax in Linux, yet) all make Super G3-capable modems (digital or
> analog).  Most others don't, as I've seen.
Hmm, I did a short survey on the eicon homepage, but in their
Diva Server Boards seem to me do not support the new V.34-fax..
I checked the Server-BRI, -4BRI, and PRI boards..
That are nice boards as they seem to support Group 3 and 4 on
the other side..

Bye,
Marcus

Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions