Re: [hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:46:25 +0200 (CEST), "Lorenzo" <lore@lanstation.it>
wrote:

>Meanwhile I have checked ATS10=? on my modem with minicom. The result that
>I get back from my modem is 000. Shut down faxgetty and HylaFAX and got
>same result.
>My modem is a USR U.S. Robotics 56K Sportster MessagePlus, flash  and dsp
>date 2/13/98, flash and dsp rev. 12.1.12
>>From the (Italian) user guide of the modem: "S10 defines the amount of
>time the modem must wait after loosing carrier signal before hanging.
>Default value: 7. With S10=255 the modem will not hang when loosing the
>carrier signal, but only when DTR is lowered"

I have a usr 56K faxmodem (not "message"), which is working fine (no problem
so far sending receiving, even if it's not in production, just testing)
USR U.S. Robotics 56K Voice EXT Rev. 11.1.17
FLASH date             3/2/98
FLASH rev              11.1.17
DSP date               3/2/98
DSP rev                11.1.17

Manual says default ats10 is 14.

I can see it with
atz
ati4

ats10=? always says 000, I think usr does not like reporting with ats10=?

--
giulioo@pobox.com